This colorful, crunchy sweet/savory relish is an excellent accompaniment for grilled/seared chicken breast or fillet of fish, such as salmon, tuna or halibut. It is a great way to use leftover grilled, boiled or blanched corn on the cob.
Servings: 3 cups
- 1 cup (from about 2 ears) cooked corn kernels, cut off the cob
- 1 cup champagne grapes, pulled off the stem
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper (about half of a small pepper)
- 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeño chili pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions, (white and tender green parts; about 3 scallions)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
In a medium bowl, toss all of the ingredients together. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
Adapted from chef and former restaurateur David Hagedorn.
Tested by Bonnie S. Benwick.
Email questions to the Food Section at email@example.com.