This condiment pairs nicely with Cured Tenderloin of Beef.
Make Ahead: The ketchup can be made up to 5 days in advance and refrigerated.
Servings: 1.5 cups
- Flesh of one 1-pound ripe mango, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons store-bought mango chutney, such as Patak's Major Grey brand
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 4 drops hot pepper sauce (or more to taste), such as Tabasco brand
Combine the mango, chutney, ketchup, soy sauce, vinegar and hot pepper sauce to taste in a blender or food processor. Pulse until smooth. Transfer to a small container, seal and refrigerate until ready to use.
Adapted from "Aquavit and the New Scandinavian Cuisine," by Marcus Samuelsson (Houghton Mifflin, 2003).
Tested by Jane Black.
Email questions to the Food Section at firstname.lastname@example.org.