- 1 8-ounce log fresh goat cheese, chilled for easy slicing
- 1 large clove garlic, sliced paper-thin
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil (may substitute another herb, such as rosemary or oregano)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
Slice the goat cheese crosswise into 9 medallions and arrange them on a serving plate. Place 1 slice of garlic atop each medallion; scatter the remaining garlic on the plate. Drizzle the olive oil over the goat cheese and on the plate. Grind a generous quantity of pepper over the cheese. Sprinkle chopped basil over everything.
Allow the goat cheese to sit out at room temperature for about 30 minutes before serving. Serve with crackers and thin slices of baguette.
From Anne Burling.
Tested by Domenica Marchetti.
Email questions to the Food Section at firstname.lastname@example.org.