This goes well with any savory dish, including the Hara Kebab appetizer (yellow lentil and spinach cakes). It can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
Servings: 1 cup
- 1 bunch mint, cleaned, stemmed and coarsely chopped
- 3 bunches cilantro, cleaned, stemmed and and coarsely chopped
- 10 Thai green chili peppers, stemmed, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1-inch piece peeled ginger root, finely minced
- 3 medium cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Combine the ingredients in a blender on medium speed to form a paste. Adjust seasoning to taste.
From chef Nilesh Singhvi.
Tested by Bonnie S. Benwick.
Email questions to the Food Section at firstname.lastname@example.org.