This recipe makes the most of the flavorful poached chicken left over from making soup for the Seder meals. Carrots add a subtle sweetness. This is adapted from the recipe I made with 3-year-olds on "Good Morning America" many years ago.
Servings: 6 - 8
- 3 to 4 cups shredded cooked chicken (from two 3 1/2-pound chickens used to make chicken soup)
- 1 1/4 cups finely diced celery (about 4 stalks)
- 3 carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup mayonnaise (kosher for Passover or regular), plus additional as necessary
In a medium bowl, combine ingredients and adjust seasonings to taste. Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate.
From Dallas cooking teacher Tina Wasserman.
Tested by Bonnie S. Benwick.
Email questions to the Food Section at firstname.lastname@example.org.