This can come together in minutes while the Thick Veal Chops With Lemon Zest are cooking.
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped mint
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium clove garlic
- 3 anchovy fillets (optional)
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper
In a medium bowl, place the chopped parsley and mint and add just enough oil to cover. Chop the garlic, anchovies, if desired, and capers together and add to the parsley-mint mixture, stirring to combine. Add the mustard and vinegar, along with more oil to your desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve at room temperature.
Adapted from "Italian Two Easy: Simple Recipes From the London River Cafe," by Rose Gray and Ruth Rogers (Clarkson Potter, 2006, $37.50).
Tested by Bonnie S. Benwick.
Email questions to the Food Section at email@example.com.