Make Ahead: The salsa can be made a day in advance; refrigerate in an airtight container.
Servings: 3 cups
- 2 to 3 bunches scallions, white and light-green parts, cut crosswise into thin slices (2 cups)
- Leaves from 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons chile oil
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup store-bought kimchi, chopped
- Juice of 2 limes, or more to taste (2 tablespoons)
- Freshly ground black pepper
Combine the scallions, cilantro, sesame seeds, sesame oil and chili oil, soy sauce, kimchi and lime juice in a large bowl; mix well. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
Adapted from chef Joanne Chang of Boston's Myers + Chang restaurant.
Tested by Joe Yonan.
Email questions to the Food Section at firstname.lastname@example.org.