The teriyaki marinade satisfies sweet and salty cravings in one fell swoop.
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets (8 ounces)
- 1 cup sugar snap peas (4 ounces)
- 1/2 cup bottled teriyaki marinade, such as Soy Vay Veri Veri Teriyaki Marinade
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted (see NOTE)
Bring a small pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the broccoli and snap peas; cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until tender but still bright green. Drain and transfer to a mixing bowl.
Add the marinade and toss the vegetables until well coated; season with pepper to taste.
Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle with the toasted sesame seeds. Serve warm.
From chef-owner Todd Gray of Equinox restaurant.
Tested by Judy Sarasohn.
Email questions to the Food Section at email@example.com.