Make Ahead: The baked pie needs to be refrigerated for at least 3 hours or overnight before serving.
Servings: 8 - 10
- 1 prepared graham cracker crust, such as Keebler's Ready Crust Graham, 2 Extra Servings
- 15 ounces (1 can) pumpkin puree
- 1 pound (2 packages) cream cheese substitute, such as Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese (plain)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Place the pie plate containing the graham cracker crust on a baking sheet.
Combine the pumpkin puree, cream cheese substitute, sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, cloves and ginger in the bowl of a food processor or in a blender. Puree until smooth, then pour into the pie shell.
Bake for 60 to 75 minutes, until just set; the center might jiggle slightly.
Cool completely, then refrigerate overnight or for at least 3 hours before serving.
From Terry Cummings, executive director at Poplar Spring Animal Sanctuary in Poolesville.
Tested by Nicole Schofer.
Email questions to the Food Section at email@example.com.