(Video: Victoria Walker, Amber Ferguson/The Post; photo: Getty)
The move clears the way for thousands of troops to guard concerts, sports matches and other public events. Earlier today, a 22-year-old British citizen of Libyan descent was identified as the suspect in the deadly bombing in Manchester, the worst terrorist attack in England in over a decade.
Describing a previously undisclosed high-level conversation between Washington and Moscow, former agency director John Brennan testified that he told the head of Russia’s security service that “American voters would be outraged by any Russian attempt to interfere in the election.”
The move challenges his lawyer’s refusal to comply with an existing subpoena for documents detailing the former national security adviser's contacts with Russian officials. “A business does not have the right to take the Fifth,” said Sen. Mark R. Warner, the committee’s lead Democrat.
The network said the article did not meet its editorial standards. But host Sean Hannity, who has aired reports on the DNC staffer's killing, pushed back and said, “I am not Fox.com or Foxnews.com. I retracted nothing.”
The president's proposal to cut federal spending by more than $3.6 trillion over the next decade — including deep reductions for programs that help the poor — drew praise from some fiscally conservative lawmakers. But most Republicans flatly rejected the plan.
Montgomery County and the business are trying to reach a legal deal about a garage abutting the Capital Crescent Trail. “I think both parties realize this could be a nasty, long fight with nobody happy at the end,” one attorney said.
President Trump’s budget would eliminate federal money for the $73 million program, increasing the pressure on local lawmakers, especially four on the powerful House and Senate appropriations committees, to restore the funding.
In the April 29 call, President Trump sought input from Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte on whether the North Korean dictator is “stable or not stable.” Days later, Trump said he’d be “honored” to meet Kim “under the right circumstances.”
In February 2016, presidential candidate Donald Trump promised $6 million in donations, including $1 million from his own pocket, to charities along his campaign trail. Months later, he had donated far less than he pledged. Post reporter David A. Fahrenthold went in search of the missing money and found a bigger story than he ever expected.