FAQs and Terms of Service
- What is a Sponsored View?
A Sponsored View allows an organization to prominently place its view on a topic beneath a related WashingtonPost.com opinions piece for a fee.
- How much does a Sponsored View cost?
We have created a variety of packages for organizations to choose from, depending on timing and other factors. Contact us at 202-334-9831 or sponsoredViews@Washpost.com for more information.
- Once I’ve setup an account, how can I order a Sponsored View?
Upon setting up an account you’ll be asked to subscribe to one or more of the following daily Sponsored View opportunity alerts:
- All Sponsored View Opportunities
- Budget, Taxes & Deficit
- Business, Economy, Labor, Trade & Financial Services
- Defense & Military
- Energy & Environment
- Foreign Policy
- Gun Rights
- Health Care & Wellness
- Human Rights, Gay Rights & Women’s Rights
- Nutrition, Food & Agriculture
- Technology, Telecom & Intellectual Property
- Transportation & Infrastructure
If you’d like to post a Sponsored View to any of the opinion pieces contained within the opportunity alert, simply click the order button in the opportunity alert email or on this page.
- What does a Sponsored View include?
A Sponsored View allows your organization to post a view up to 600 characters in length along with your logo and a URL to direct readers who may want more information.
- How long will it take to get my Sponsored View posted?
Sponsored View orders will be processed on a first-come, first-approved basis, Monday through Friday during business hours. Most Sponsored Views will be processed and posted within two hours; however, some Sponsored Views may take additional time if they require further review.
- How many Sponsored Views may be posted to a single article?
We accept up to three Sponsored Views per article.
- What sections of WashingtonPost.com are eligible for Sponsored Views?
We currently accept Sponsored Views for most opinion articles. We will expect to accept submissions for many of our Opinions blogs in the future as well.
Terms of Service
All Sponsored Views are subject to the following Sponsored Views Terms of Service of The Washington Post (“The Post” or “we”):
- You understand and agree that we determine, in our sole discretion, for which articles we will accept Sponsored View submissions and which Sponsored View submissions we will accept.
- You understand and agree that we accept no more than three (3) Sponsored Views per article, and that we will do so in the order in which the Sponsored Views are received and approved.
- You will not make any erroneous factual assertions within your Sponsored View. The Post reserves the right to require substantiation for any factual assertions within a Sponsored View.
- You understand and agree that all Sponsored Views shall be clearly labeled as such, and shall contain the name and website information of the organization submitting the Sponsored View.
- Sponsored Views may not contain more than 600 characters.
- Sponsored Views should focus on the substantive issues discussed in the accompanying article.
- You will comply with all applicable terms and conditions for advertising with The Post.
- You agree not to submit inappropriate content. Inappropriate content includes any content that:
- infringes upon or violates the copyrights, trademarks or other intellectual property rights of any person
- is libelous or defamatory
- is obscene, pornographic, sexually explicit, or vulgar
- violates a person’s right to privacy
- violates any local, state, national, or international law
- contains or advocates illegal or violent acts
- degrades others on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, or other classification
- is predatory, hateful, or intended to intimidate or harass, or contains derogatory name-calling
- contains a commercial solicitation of any kind
- misrepresents your identity or affiliation
- impersonates others
- is in poor taste or is otherwise objectionable
- You agree that you are fully responsible for the content that you submit. You will promptly request The Post to remove any content that you have posted should you discover that it violates these rules or that it is otherwise inappropriate. You will indemnify The Washington Post and its affiliates and their subsidiaries, and its and their directors, officers, managers, employees, shareholders, agents, and licensors, from and against losses, expenses, damages, and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from any claim brought by any third party relating to content you have posted.
- You understand and agree that we are not responsible for any user submitted content. You further understand that we have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor submissions and we may remove content that we deem inappropriate for any reason whatsoever without consent. We further reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to remove a user’s privilege to post content on our site. We may reject or remove any comment at any time, with or without notice to you.
- You certify that you are at least 13 years of age. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit any content to us. If you are under the age of 18 but at least 13 years of age, you may submit content only with the permission of, and under the supervision of, a parent or legal guardian. If you are a parent or legal guardian agreeing to these rules for the benefit of an individual between the ages of 13 and 18, please be advised that you are fully responsible for his or her submissions and any legal liability that he or she may incur.
- You certify that you have the permission of others who have contributed to or are featured in any content that you submit. If there are any individuals under the age of 18 in any photos, video, or other content that you submit, you must obtain the permission of each such individual’s parent or legal guardian prior to submitting the content.
- You acknowledge and agree any use and/or reliance on any information obtained through the interactive forums is at your own risk. We are not in any manner endorsing the content of the interactive forums and cannot and will not vouch for its reliability.
- For any content that you submit, you give us permission to use such content. You hereby grant to The Washington Post a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, exclusive, and fully sublicensable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, incorporate into other works, distribute, perform, display, and otherwise exploit such content, in whole or in part in any form, media or technology now known or later developed.
© The Washington Post