After breezing through the regular season and the district tournament, Stone Bridge is one day and one win away from winning the Virginia Class 5C region and advancing to the state tournament. Having won 24 straight games, the Bulldogs seem unstoppable, but the team isn’t getting ahead of themselves.

“We’ve been really focusing a lot on in the second half of the season is reminding them the most important match is always the next match,” head coach Jill Raschiatore said.

The Bulldogs’ balanced attack makes it difficult for opponents to defend the ball. Five Bulldogs have recorded 100 or more kills this season. Halle Boyles is just three kills shy of becoming the sixth Bulldog to reach the century mark this season.

“Our setter can spread the ball around because I’ve got more weapons and more options at the front row,” Raschiatore said. “Instead of teams being able to key in on one player, we’re able to spread our offense around and keep other teams out of system a little bit more.”

Stone Bridge has been dealing with pressure since the beginning of the season. Capturing a state championship in 2015 and a runner-up finish in 2013, has raised expectations within their community and throughout the state.

“That bothers me because every team is new and the girls have to earn it every single year,” Raschiatore said. “I don’t know if that’s a blessing or curse sometimes but they walk in from August feeling like they have targets on their back because of what girls have done wearing the same shirt [in previous seasons].

The Bulldogs will face Freedom-South Riding in the regional final Wednesday, after beating Briar Woods in three sets, although two of those sets went to deuce. Stone Bridge has already beaten the Eagles thrice this season.

1. Stone Bridge (27-1) Last Ranked: 1

The Bulldogs went to deuce in two of the three sets to beat Briar Woods to advance to the Virginia 5C regional final.

2. Flint Hill (27-1) LR: 2

After capturing the Independent Student League and D.C. Metro City Championships, the Huskies will go for a triple crown by winning the Virginia Independent Schools Athletic Association title.

3. Loudoun County (26-1) LR: 3

The Raiders play in the Virginia 4C regional final, Wednesday, against Fauquier.

4. Northwest (14-1) LR: 4

The Jaguars will play Wootton, in the regional semi-finals Wednesday. Their previous match-up resulted in the only blemish on Northwest’s record.

5. Atholton (18-2-1) LR: 5

The Raiders advanced to the regional final versus Centennial after defeating Reservoir 3-0 Monday.

6. Chantilly (26-0) LR: 6

The Chargers received an automatic berth in the Virginia state tournament after beating last year’s Class 6 champion, Langley, 3-0.

7. Bethesda-Chevy Chase (19-1) LR: 7

The Barons face Whitman Wednesday during the regional semi-finals.

8. Paul VI (27-4) LR: 9

Although the Panthers lost to Flint Hill Monday in the D.C. Metro City Championships, they dethroned Holy Cross last weekend to win the Washington Catholic Athletic Conference tournament.

9. Magruder (20-1) LR: 10

The Colonels face a tough challenge, versus Westminster Wednesday in the Maryland 3A regional semi-finals.

10. Middleburg Academy (25-4-1) LR: NR

The Dragons play Wednesday in the VISAA Division III quarterfinals.

Dropped Out: Washington-Lee

On the Bubble: Northern, Westfield