What happened in Super Bowl LIV
The Chiefs defeated the San Francisco 49ers, 31-20, in the Super Bowl to deliver Kansas City’s first NFL championship in 50 years. Find all the highlights here.
How it happened: Patrick Mahomes had a play in his back pocket for when the Chiefs needed it. Now “Tre Right, Three Jet Chip Wasp” will live in Kansas City lore.
Commentary: Patrick Mahomes, in Super Bowl comeback, showed why he is the best quarterback in the NFL.
Parade: Fans gather early and in mass numbers to celebrate Chiefs’ Super Bowl in Kansas City.
Photos: The best photos from Hard Rock Stadium | The plays the Chiefs made to win
Halftime show: Jennifer Lopez and Shakira teamed up to become the first two Latina singers to perform at the Super Bowl. It was a truly riveting, wildly entertaining performance. “You may have heard the American Dream itself pulsing in a space where it will always be allowed to live,” pop music critic Chris Richards writes, “inside a pop song.”
Commercials: The very best from Super Bowl Sunday, and the very worst.
Go a little deeper...
• Patrick Mahomes became the NFL’s best quarterback by refusing to specialize in football
• In tragedies’ wake, Andy Reid and the Chiefs found success through second chances
• The Chiefs brought Native American imagery, and the ‘tomahawk chop,’ to the Super Bowl stage
• Len Dawson smoked his way through the first Super Bowl. The photos are priceless.
• For Chiefs owner Clark Hunt and his family, this Super Bowl trip was 50 years in the making