D.C. United falls to 3-3-2 after last-minute loss in front of a sold-out crowd in Portland on Saturday night. (Jamie Francis/Associated Press)

D.C. United conceded a goal in the dying moments Saturday night and dropped a 3-2 decision to the Portland Timbers at sold-out Providence Park, ending its unbeaten run at five and extending its winless streak in MLS regular season away matches to 21. United (3-3-2) had come back from a pair of deficits and was seconds from securing a point on the road when reserve Maximiliano Urruti scored from close range.

United was without injured starters Eddie Johnson (hamstring) and Sean Franklin (foot). Conor Doyle and Chris Korb made their first starts of the season.

The Timbers needed 34 seconds to take the lead. Darlington Nagbe took the ball from United left back Cristian Fernandez, evaded Jeff Parke’s challenge and supplied Diego Valeri for a right-side cross. Gaston Fernandez beat goalkeeper Bill Hamid to the service and blindly volleyed into the net.

After Donovan Ricketts’s made a reflex save on Parke and D.C. midfielder Perry Kitchen’s header tapped the crossbar, United equalized on Davy Arnaud’s blast from 35 yards. The 21st-minute shot took a deflection almost upon impact and beat Ricketts to the upper right corner for Arnaud’s second goal of the year.

Hamid made a leg save on Jack Jewsbury’s angled bid inside the six-yard box, but in the 38th minute, Futty Danso beat Bobby Boswell to Valeri’s corner kick and volleyed into the right corner from 11 yards for a 2-1 lead.

The Timbers won it in stoppage time when Urruti volleyed a six-yard shot off the right post and then stabbed the rebound past Hamid.

United will visit Philadelphia (1-4-5) on Saturday afternoon.

REIGN 2, SPIRIT 1: U.S. national team forward Sydney Leroux scored in the 76th minute as first-place Seattle defeated Washington in a National Women’s Soccer League match before 4,667 at Maryland SoccerPlex.

Ali Krieger put the Spirit (2-3-0) ahead in the 52nd minute, but Jessica Fishlock equalized for the Reign (5-0-0) two minutes later.

— Steven Goff

Revolution tops Toronto

Doneil Henry made two mistakes that led to New England goals as the Revolution defeated FC Toronto, 2-1, on the road. . . .

Pedro Morales scored two goals a minute apart in the first half to help the Vancouver Whitecaps edge the San Jose Earthquakes, 3-2, at home. . . .

Joao Plata scored twice in the final 24 minutes, including the winner in stoppage time, to help Real Salt Lake to a 3-2 victory over the winless Chicago Fire in Bridgeview, Ill. . . .

Vincente Sanchez scored in the 20th minute, leading the Colorado Rapids to a 1-0 victory over the Los Angeles Galaxy in Commerce City, Colo.

Big win for Man. City

Manchester City hurdled its last big obstacle en route to the English Premier League title by winning at Everton, 3-2. Meanwhile, heavy defeats condemned Fulham and Cardiff to relegation Saturday.

Two home wins — against Aston Villa on Wednesday and West Ham on Sunday — separate City from a second championship in three years after coming from behind to win at Goodison Park.

Sergio Aguero’s goal canceled out Ross Barkley’s brilliant 11th-minute opener for Everton. Then Edin Dzeko scored twice in a five-minute span bridging halftime to help City go top — for a day at least — on goal difference from Liverpool and two points clear of Chelsea.

Fulham lost, 4-1, at Stoke, and Cardiff was defeated, 3-0, at Newcastle, leaving both sides unable to climb out of the relegation zone.

●SPAIN: Barcelona conceded a second goal to Getafe’s Angel Lafita in second-half stoppage time for a 2-2 draw at home, dealing a major blow to its hopes of retaining the Spanish league title.