An own goal knocked in by D.C. United midfielder Nick DeLeon and a late score by Chicago newcomer Mike Magee gave the Fire a 2-0 victory over United on Sunday in Bridgeview, Ill.

Magee’s goal came on his fourth and final shot of the match, a 14-yarder that beat goalkeeper Joe Willis cleanly in the 85th minute.

Until then, the game’s only score was a carom that first hit the chest of Fire midfielder Jeff Larentowicz, then hit DeLeon in the chest before bouncing off the turf and trickling across the goal line in the ninth minute. Willis had moved in the original path of the ball and couldn’t reverse course in time.

Including the own goal, the Fire (3-7-2) has scored only nine goals in 12 matches this season. D.C. (1-10-2) has only six in 13.

Fire goalkeeper Sean Johnson needed to make only one save for his third shutout of the season.

The loss extended United’s winless streak to 0-9-2 and kept it last in the Eastern Conference.

Magee, making his MLS debut for Chicago, was acquired from Los Angeles in exchange for the rights to Robbie Rogers last weekend. He was saved on a breakaway by Willis in the 83rd minute, two minutes before he scored his seventh goal of the season.

United goalkeeper Bill Hamid missed the game due to his presence on the U.S. national team.

REVOLUTION 5, GALAXY 0: Saer Sene scored in the 34th minute and New England had four goals in second half against visiting Los Angeles, the two-time defending MLS champions.

New England goalkeeper Bobby Shuttleworth made five saves for his third consecutive shutout and sixth overall this season. He extended his shutout streak to 305 minutes.

The Revolution (5-4-4) extended their unbeaten streak to 3-0-1, allowing just one goal during that stretch.

ENGLAND 2, BRAZIL 2: Maracana stadium in Rio de Janeiro reopened following lengthy renovations, with Paulinho scoring on an 82nd-minute volley to give Brazil a 2-2 tie against England in an exhibition.

Fred put the five-time world champions ahead in the 57th minute after Hernanes’ shot hit the crossbar. England took a 2-1 lead on goals by Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain in the 67th and Wayne Rooney in the 79th.

About 66,000 fans attended the match at Maracana, which had closed for reconstruction in September 2010. The work, estimated to cost up to $1 billion, turned the stadium into a venue with a capacity of about 79,000.

Maracana was site of Brazil’s loss to Uruguay in the final game of the 1950 World Cup, which FIFA says drew 173,850 and other sources list at 199,854.

The stadium will host the final of this year’s Confederations Cup and next year’s World Cup.

U.S. women win rematch

Alex Morgan scored twice and Sydney Leroux added a goal to lead the United States over Canada, 3-0, in an exhibition in Toronto.

It was the teams’ first meeting since the United States won in the Olympic semifinals last year, 4-3.

Morgan scored for the top-ranked Americans in the 70th minute when she cut inside defender Emily Zurrer and from the top of the penalty area and slotted the ball past goalkeeper Erin McLeod. Morgan scored from the same spot two minutes later, her 44th international goal.

Last August, Morgan’s goal in the third and final minute of stoppage time in overtime sent the Americans to the gold-medal game, where the U.S. defeated Japan. Sunday’s lineups included 15 of 22 starters from the semifinal.

Leroux scored in the third minute of stoppage time on a breakaway. Born in Surrey, British Columbia, she moved to Scottsdale, Ariz., when she was a teenager and became an American citizen. She drew boos from the record crowd of 22,453 at BMO Field when she kissed the U.S. Soccer Federation badge on her jersey after she scored.