Good Counsel senior quarterback Brendan Marshall was so pale as a baby that he earned a nickname that has stuck through high school: “Whitey.”

With the Good Counsel student section at times chanting that nickname during the Washington Catholic Athletic Conference football championship on Sunday at Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium, Marshall threw three touchdown passes to senior Kendall Fuller in a 26-14 win over No. 7 DeMatha. It marked the top-ranked Falcons’ fourth consecutive WCAC title.

Marshall injured his right knee last week in the semifinals against St. John’s and did not return to action until late in the week.Bryan Strittmatter

“I knew I was going to play, I [just] didn’t know how well I was going to feel,” said the 6-foot-5, 215-pounder, who at times rode an exercise bike on the Good Counsel sideline to stay loose.

Marshall completed 15 of 24 passes to seven receivers for 198 yards. His three touchdowns were only one shy of his season total.

“A game like this, you need experience [at quarterback], especially against a team like DeMatha,” said Fuller, whose touchdowns covered six, 31 and 20 yards. He had all seven of the Falcons’ touchdown catches this season.

Good Counsel senior All-Met Dorian O’Daniel rushed for 113 of his 117 yards in the second half and scored on a four-yard run with 4 minutes 16 seconds left to seal the victory.

DeMatha (9-3) gained 85 yards on its first possession to take an early lead, converting on two third downs and a fourth down, with junior quarterback John Lovett throwing for 81 yards on the drive and scoring on a five-yard keeper. The Stags did not allow a first down until three minutes into the second quarter.

Good Counsel senior Darien Carr intercepted a pass and returned it 46 yards down the Falcons’ sideline to help set up the first Marshall-to-Fuller touchdown, a six-yard throw that came after Good Counsel (11-1) had initially set up for a field goal before calling timeout and opting to run a play.

Lined up to punt late in the second quarter, Marshall completed a pass to sophomore Nicholas Miller and two plays later hooked up again with Fuller for their second touchdown with 57 seconds left in the first half.

DeMatha, in the WCAC final for the 15th time in 16 years, scored to open the second half when Lovett rolled right and dumped a nine-yard pass to sophomore Darryl Turner in the end zone. Freshman Lorenzo Harrison ran for the game-tying two-point conversion.

Good Counsel responded with a touchdown, a 20-yard Fuller grab over a defender in the end zone midway through the third period.

“I’m really confident in Kendall’s ability that I can put it up for him and not worry about it getting intercepted,” Marshall said.

In the last quarter-and-a-half, DeMatha managed only one first down.Kirk Garner