LeBron James scored 38 points, Michael Beasley made two free throws with 9.2 seconds left to put Miami up for good, and the Heat beat the Atlanta Hawks, 121-119, in overtime on Monday night.
The Heat wasted a 13-0 lead, then rallied from seven points down in the final 90 seconds of the fourth quarter. Ray Allen made three free throws with eight seconds left in regulation to send it to overtime.
Allen finished with 19 points for Miami, which beat the Hawks for the ninth straight time. Jeff Teague scored 26 points and Paul Millsap added 25 for Atlanta.
● MAVERICKS 111, ROCKETS 104: Dirk Nowitzki scored 31 points, including 10 in the fourth quarter, to power Dallas to a win at Houston.
Dwight Howard had 29 points and 15 rebounds for the Rockets.
● PACERS 103, NETS 86: Lance Stephenson scored a career-high 26 points in his home town, and Paul George also had 26 points for visiting Indiana.
Joe Johnson scored 17 points for the Nets. Paul Pierce, ejected in the third quarter for a flagrant foul, had only the second scoreless game of his career.
● SUNS 117, LAKERS 90: Gerald Green hit six three-pointers and scored 22 points, Miles Plumlee grabbed a career-high 20 rebounds, and Phoenix dominated the paint against visiting Los Angeles.
Plumlee added 17 points for the Suns, who held a 62-39 edge on the boards in their eighth win in nine games.
Nick Young scored 19 points for the Lakers.
● KNICKS 103, MAGIC 98: Carmelo Anthony had 19 points before leaving with a sprained left ankle in the third quarter, and New York was able to win in Orlando.
New York led by as many as 25 points before having its lead cut to a basket in the fourth quarter. Beno Udrih hit six straight free throws in the final 26 seconds to help preserve the win. Arron Afflalo led the Magic with 26 points.
● WARRIORS 89, NUGGETS 81: David Lee had 28 points and 10 rebounds for his ninth straight double-double, powering Golden State to victory in Denver.
Ty Lawson had 16 points for the Nuggets.
● BOBCATS 111, BUCKS 110: Al Jefferson scored a season-high 26 points, and Kemba Walker added 25 points, 10 assists and nine rebounds as Charlotte won at home in overtime.
Brandon Knight had 26 points and 14 assists for the Bucks, who had a chance to tie late in overtime, but officials ruled Khris Middleton’s foot was on the line and his jumper counted as two points instead of three.
● SPURS 112, RAPTORS 99: Tony Parker had 26 points and eight assists to pace San Antonio at home.
Kyle Lowry and Terrence Ross scored 23 points apiece for Toronto.
● GRIZZLIES 104, JAZZ 94: Zach Randolph scored 22 points and grabbed 10 rebounds, and Jerryd Bayless added all of his 17 points in the second half as Memphis won at home. Utah was led by Trey Burke and Richard Jefferson, who each scored 18 points.
● PISTONS 115, CAVALIERS 92: Josh Smith scored 25 points, Brandon Jennings added 21 along with 13 assists to help Detroit win for the seventh time in its last eight road games. Kyrie Irving scored 21 points for the Cavaliers.
● CLIPPERS’ BARNES FINED: The NBA has fined Los Angeles Clippers forward Matt Barnes $25,000 for failing to leave the court in a timely manner after he was called for a flagrant 2 foul and ejected in the third quarter of Sunday’s game against Minnesota. The foul was downgraded to a flagrant 1 after it was reviewed by the league.