The Tokyo Olympics run from July 23 to August 8. Find the latest news and updates from the Tokyo Olympics here, and join us as we track the Olympic medal count, sport by sport. Here’s the full schedule and TV guide.
- Simone Biles will compete on balance beam, marking a return to competition in the final event of the Olympic meet. She has been battling the “twisties” since the team final last week. Meanwhile, Jade Carey won gold in floor in her last event of the Games.
- The U.S. women’s soccer team lost to Canada in the semifinals and will play for the bronze medal.
- A sprinter from Belarus says she was escorted to the airport after criticizing her country’s Olympic officials. She sought protection from Japanese police and issued a plea to the IOC.
- Olympians are probably older — and younger — than you think. The oldest in Tokyo is 66, while the youngest is 12.
- Trying to stream the Games? Here’s how to watch (some of) the Olympics online for free and what your options are. And sign up for our Olympics newsletter, which will have a daily viewing guide and highlights.