LeSean McCoy faced a police complaint after a 2015 party that generated notoriety for a social media promotion. (Bill Wippert/AP)

The woman called 911 from the driveway outside LeSean McCoy’s mansion in New Jersey, just after 3 a.m. one night in July 2015. She didn’t feel safe, she told a dispatcher, and when she arrived at the police station a few minutes later, she explained why.

McCoy had hired the woman, whose name is redacted from a police report, to be a celebrity co-host for a party at his home, she told police, but as the night wore on, she began to believe the NFL star thought he’d paid for more than just her hosting abilities.

“Mr. McCoy must have been under the impression that she . . . was going to provide him with sexual favors at his party and once he realized that this was not going to occur, he became upset and refused to pay her,” a detective wrote in a report. McCoy’s security guard prevented the woman from collecting her belongings, she told police, including jewelry worth more than $30,000, which is why she filed the report, accusing McCoy of larceny.

The investigation was ultimately closed without any charges a few months later, after a friend of the woman told police a conflicting account, and the woman failed to send police a list of the jewelry she said she was missing. But the incident in July 2015, which has not been reported previously, is another allegation of troubling treatment of a woman against the Buffalo Bills running back, who is facing accusations this week he arranged a violent attack on an ex-girlfriend.

McCoy has denied involvement in the pistol-whipping of his ex-girlfriend Delicia Cordon by an unknown assailant in his home in Georgia on Tuesday, and his lawyer, Don Samuel, did not reply to a request to comment Friday. The police report documenting the 2015 complaint was released to The Washington Post by the Evesham Township Police Department in response to an open records request for incidents at the 7,200-square-foot New Jersey home McCoy bought for $1.6 million in 2013, when he played for the Philadelphia Eagles, who traded him to Buffalo in 2015.

The July 2015 party this woman attended generated notoriety for McCoy at the time, because of a public invitation the running back posted on Instagram, using the logo for the Bills and advertising the event as “females only.” An email account, created to screen prospective guests, asked women to send photos and links to social media accounts, according to news reports, and advised them, if they attended the party, they’d need to sign confidentiality agreements.

“We are being very selective with who we invite,” McCoy’s publicist, Damian Jordan, told a reporter at the time. “We don’t want a bunch of random guys he doesn’t know showing up.”

McCoy took the invite down after the Bills told him it was an improper use of the team logo.

A few weeks before the party, according to the police report, McCoy had contacted the unidentified woman through a mutual friend, asking if she was available to serve as a host. The woman was scheduled to appear at two events in Texas that would pay her $6,000 and $6,500, she told McCoy, but he agreed to buy her out of the contracts for those events, pay her an additional $5,000, and cover her airfare, she later told police.

When the woman arrived at McCoy’s home that day, he was out buying food, and she was told the larger party was canceled, but there would still be a “gathering” that night. An assistant of McCoy’s escorted her to his bedroom, the woman told police, and told her she could use the room to get ready.

The party ended up being more of a “family barbecue,” the woman told police, and she grew uncomfortable. She was accustomed to events with security that prevent people from taking her picture, and McCoy’s friends were taking photos of her without permission.

She still needed McCoy to pay her and purchase her flight back to California, she said, and when she approached him, he kept delaying her departure. She began recording her conversations with McCoy, as well as with his manager. She tried to get into McCoy’s bedroom to get her things, she told police, but a security guard stood in front of the door. She believed she left several expensive items behind in McCoy’s room, she told police, including a $12,000 Rolex gold diamond band, a $20,000 Cartier bracelet, and $400 Gucci sunglasses.

The officers told the woman any dispute over the money McCoy owed her was a civil matter, but they’d take her back to get her belongings. When they arrived at McCoy’s home, it was pouring rain, and the woman’s suitcase had been placed on the driveway, the report states.

Police were unable to get McCoy, or anyone, to answer the door that night. A few months later, when a detective reached McCoy on the phone, he denied the woman’s allegations, and a mutual friend of his and the woman called a detective shortly after, according to the report.

The mutual friend, whose name is also redacted from the report, gave police a different version of that night. She had connected McCoy and the woman because McCoy wanted to date the woman, the friend told police, and at the party, the host got upset because McCoy was ignoring her. The friend told police the host was “acting crazy,” and security wouldn’t let her back in McCoy’s bedroom because “she was causing such a scene.”

The friend, who drove the woman to the police station, told a detective the host “made statements that led her to believe that she [was] going to try and get more money out of McCoy,” and she believed the host was lying about her missing jewelry, the report states.

In September 2015, a detective emailed the host, and told her police needed an itemized list of jewelry she thought she was missing, and also informed her that her friend thought she was lying. The host emailed back to the detective, according to the report, and said she believed her friend “is conspiring with Mr. McCoy to cover the matter up,” and “is regularly paid by Mr. McCoy to supply him with celebrity industry girls to have sex with.” The woman never sent the list of jewelry she claimed to be missing, and in November 2015, police closed the case.

After the controversy over the “females only” party, McCoy said the media took the invitation “out of context.”

“For the record, there was no big orgy or anything,” he explained to reporters in 2015. When a reporter asked McCoy why he asked party guests to sign confidentiality agreements, he said he’d answered enough questions about his party.