Russia declared martial law in parts of Ukraine yesterday.
- Where? Four regions illegally claimed by Russian President Vladimir Putin after staged referendums last month — Donetsk, Luhansk, Kherson and Zaporizhzhia.
- What this does: It could create legal cover for abuses by Russia’s military. But Moscow doesn’t entirely control the regions, so it’s not clear if it can fully implement the new rules.
Donald Trump knew his voter-fraud claims in Georgia were baseless, a judge said.
- The details: The former president was aware that numbers he was pushing related to the 2020 election were wrong — but he signed legal documents with them anyway, the judge said.
- How the judge knows: Emails that Trump’s allies and the House committee investigating the Capitol attack have been fighting over. The judge ruled yesterday that some of the messages must be made public.
- What else to know: The Jan. 6 committee is expected to ask Trump to testify soon.
British Prime Minister Liz Truss resigned this morning.
There’s a nationwide shortage of Adderall.
- Why? One of the largest producers of the ADHD medication has been experiencing “manufacturing delays,” the FDA said last week.
- How bad is it? Some pharmacies can’t fill prescriptions. People have been forced to go off the medication or switch treatments — both of which can make managing daily life difficult.
The pregnancy drug Makena should be pulled from the market, experts said.
- What is it? Introduced in 2011, Makena is designed to reduce the risk of preterm birth, a leading cause of infant mortality in the U.S.
- What’s the problem? It doesn’t work, FDA experts said yesterday. The panel rejected arguments that it should remain available for high-risk groups including some Black women.
- What’s next? The FDA will decide whether to withdraw the drug in the coming months.
Oceans are warming faster than ever.
Netflix will crack down on password-sharing early next year.
And now … composting is easier than you think — and good for the environment: Here’s how to start. Plus, you should clean your toothbrush holder and 10 other germ hot spots.
Want to catch up quickly with “The 7” every morning? Download The Post’s app and turn on alert notifications for The 7 or sign up for the newsletter.