“For people who love cruising, this is going to be very joyous,” said Chris Gray Faust, managing editor of Cruise Critic. The return to cruising is not obstacle-free — see Florida’s ban on vaccine passports. Travelers should stay flexible as itineraries, departure dates and safety protocols take shape.
Here is an overview of the current state of cruising and what you need to know before booking a cruise and busting out your bathing suit, passport and vax card.
What to know
- Are cruise ships sailing yet?
- Which cruise ships require vaccinations for passengers?
- What is the difference between Caribbean ports and U.S. ports?
- What requirements must the ships fulfill before they are allowed to depart from U.S. ports?
- Has the CDC approved any fully vaccinated ships to depart from a U.S. port?
- Florida’s governor signed a law that prohibits businesses from requiring customers to be vaccinated, starting on July 1. How will this law affect cruise ships based in Florida?