(Allie Caren/The Washington Post)
Health and Science
This teen got hookworms at the beach. Here's how to avoid them.
Michael Dumas, 17, got hookworms when his friends buried him in the sand at a Florida beach on June 20.
Read More
Up next in Health
promo
0:53
This teen got hookworms at the beach. Here's how to avoid them.
promo
1:26
Focusing on the bad: Here's why we notice — and remember — negative things
promo
2:55
How preexisting conditions became a central issue ahead of the 2018 midterm elections
promo
0:58
Here's how the poison ricin affects the body
promo
0:47
3 questionable claims made by Gwyneth Paltrow's lifestyle site Goop
promo
1:11
What is salmonella?
promo
0:51
More than 70 people overdose in park in New Haven
promo
0:59
'Worm' allegedly crawls out of woman's fish at New Jersey restaurant
promo
11:11
This town says it's dying of cancer. Can one doctor help them get out?
promo
0:47
Psychiatrist on family separation: ‘The worst nightmare I can imagine for a child’
promo
1:26
Worried about your prostate? Here’s what you need to know.