The news comes as Anthony S. Fauci, the nation’s leading infectious disease expert, said he hopes for “a real degree of normality” by November.
Here are some significant developments:
- Abortion providers have asked the U.S. Supreme Court to intervene after Texas banned the procedure during the coronavirus pandemic.
- A federal judge has blocked Louisville Mayor Greg Fischer from banning drive-in church services on Easter.
- President Trump has rejected potential emergency funding for the U.S. Postal Service, which has suffered financially during the coronavirus pandemic.
- British Prime Minister Boris Johnson, who is sick with covid-19, “continues to make very good progress."
- New York’s governor and New York City’s mayor are again feuding, this time over school closings.