Trekkers rest at Everest Base Camp in Nepal in 2015. (Tashi Sherpa/AP)

The body of an Indian climber was spotted Monday on Mount Everest, the fourth fatality on a weekend when dozens of mountaineers reached the top of the world’s tallest peak.

The climbers — including an American doctor and mountaineers from Slovakia and Australia — died during brief windows of good weather that allowed a push toward the summit near the end of the busiest climbing seasons on record.

On Monday, rescuers located the body of Indian climber Ravi Kumar, but teams could not reach the site, according to the trekking company, Arun Treks and Expedition.

Kumar grew weak on his way down from the summit on Saturday and appeared to have fallen off the route to the nearest camp on the Nepali side of the mountain, the company said.

“A team of sherpas spotted his body some 600 feet below the route,” said Chhowang Sherpa of Arun Treks. “We are planning to retrieve body but have not yet [decided] on when and how,” he added.

The following day, Roland Yearwood, a doctor from Alabama who returned to Everest after surviving an earthquake-triggered avalanche in 2015, died not far from the summit on the Nepali side, according to tourism officials and his trekking company.

Slovak mountaineer Vladimir Strba also died Sunday. And on the Tibetan side of the mountain, a 54-year-old Australian climber, Francesco Enrico Marchetti, died after suffering altitude sickness, according to a report in the Himalayan Times newspaper.

This year, a record number of climbers are trying to scale the world’s highest peak, with 375 foreigners issued permits, the most since 1953. The high volume of traffic has fueled concerns about safety issues on the mountain, which continues to suffer environmental degradation.

Veteran climber Tim Mosedale wrote on his Facebook page earlier this month that little remained of the famed “Hillary Step” — the near vertical wall of rock that is one of the final tests before the summit — but Nepali officials dispute that, saying it was covered in heavy snow.

An estimated 60 climbers made the summit in Nepal on Sunday alone, authorities said.

Two Everest climbers died earlier this year. Famed Swiss mountaineer Ueli Steck fell while on a training run on a nearby peak earlier in the season, and Min Bahadur Sherchan, 85, died of a heart attack at base camp on May 6.

Yearwood, 50, a doctor at Georgiana Medical Center in Alabama, was part of a team led by American climber Daniel Mazur for the expedition firm SummitClimb, according to its Nepal-based partner, Murari K. Sharma.

He was married to another physician, Amrita Yearwood, and had two college-age daughters.

Yearwood was trained as a doctor in London and New York and eventually settled in southern Alabama, where he worked as a primary care physician for 20 years, according to his biography on the rural health center’s website.

In 2015, he was on the mountain when a devastating earthquake in Nepal triggered an avalanche that killed 18 climbers. He was eventually brought down to safety.

Gowen reported from New Delhi. Shirley Feng in Beijing contributed to this report.